How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6464
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I ordered a bespoke furniture for £ 2700.00 from a Small vendor

This answer was rated:

I ordered a bespoke furniture for £ 2700.00 from a Small vendor on Feb 27th 2016. I gave 50 percent deposit on 28th Feb 2016. The agreed installation was 12th March 2016. I have cleared rooms for installation by dumping things into other rooms causing as lots of inconvenience. The date was moved to 15th of March. On 14th morning he messaged me that there was a fire at the factory and agreed to return the deposit. The statement about fire turned out to be lie. Later instead of returning money as promised he gave me 31st March as date of installation. On the day after sending me a message that they will reach by 10:30 for installation, none turned up. After so many calls I got a whataspp message that vehicle broke down. He has not reposnded to any mails or calls there after. When I send a formal letter Director of the company called to say he didnt receive any messages. After a week he messaged me he gave me another date. But that offer was nothing as after waiting for two months I have given work to another vendor as it was urgent. Now he is not picking up the phone or responding to messages. What can I do in this circumstance?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You should write a letter before action saying that he has been in breach of contract for failing to deliver the bespoke furniture. You should phone trading standards first to get a reference number to quote in the letter. You should say that if he does not refund you within 7 days your full deposit you will raise a claim in the small claims court. You will be able to do so online at you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jenny. Its very helpful. Can I sue them for damages and inconvenience caused as well. The picture he sent to prove his van brokedown was used with other clients as well. They are willing to come forward and testify against him.
You can only sue for damages arising directly from the breach, if you can prove lost income due to having to deal with this then you can claim it. Good luck with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jenny. There is no lost income. It is mostly inconvenience of living with stacked boxes in bedrooms with two small children, stress and anxiety.
unfortunately there is no claim for inconvenience in law. There has to be a financial loss.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jenny. Much appreciated.
No problem , good luck with it.