How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Mother wants to transfer a property with no consideration to

Customer Question

Mother wants to transfer a property with no consideration to her her son.
Do we need a solicitor to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.If you are familiar with Land Registry practice, there is nothing stopping your Mother printing off a TR1 Form from the Land Registry website, being the document she will need to complete and sign to enable her to transfer the property. The Form itself is pretty self explanatory but you will need to insert the Land Registry Title Number of the property in the document.If your Mother does proceed without a Solicitor, please note that both she and her son will need to have their identities verified by completing another Land Registry form called an ID1. This Form will need to be taken to a local Solicitor who will need to see appropriate id (passport or photo drivers licence as well as signing the back of a recent passport photo to confirm identity. A Solicitor is likely to charge approx. £50 for each identity they verify.Once the 2 Forms have been completed, you will then need to submit the application tot he Land Registry using Form AP1.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joseph,Can I be of any more assistance to you?Kind RegardsAl