How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1970 aged 16 i had a two years probation sentence imposed

This answer was rated:

in 1970 aged 16 i had a two years probation sentence imposed for theft. now aged 62 i am adopting my granddaughter. Will i need to give details of this crime, or should the record have been removed from police records. Keith
It will be on PNC and it will be visible on enhanced checking which is what they will access if you are adopting.However, you do not need to worry. It is a historical isolated incident that says nothing really about your suitability in this particular capacity.Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** i asked.
Regards Keith
no problem. This is really nothing to worry about.