How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been advised to urgently find legal representation for

Customer Question

I have been advised to urgently find legal representation for benefit tribunal appeal but have no money and have not been able to find any legal aid person but 1 who told me it will take months in a waiting list and have already gone over 1 month time given. This has been going on since March 2015. I am disabled and tried to go to first tier tribunal but on strong medication and walked into a shambles(quote from justice employee) I was not informed till half way through it that it was a medical tribunal but was told by benefit manager, CAB, law society, and tribunal staff that I could sort out all problems there and not just medical. The IIDBenefit stopped my payments without notification, proper procedure and no pre decision consultation and then verbally abused me to the point that I had a stroke but, they never told DWP so all other benefits kept taking it of and left at the start of winter on £18 a week and have now gone through 2 no winter with no heating and little to eat with a £10 000 debt as NHS hotline said my stroke was indigestion and side effects from medication. My family arranged for me to see doctor abroad and was there rushed to hospital diagnosed by GP as having had a stroke 2 days after verbal abuse. Still have not heard about complaint and tribunal reinstated benefit at 22% and 30% old age, I was only 51 when I had accident and also have medical negligences cases that I have been advised to get solicitor for x3 by GMC, Royal Coledge of surgeons and Expert witness Association plus more please need help
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what actions to take and where and what type of solicitor to find to get compensation for my losses and to get representatives for tribunal and other human rights case for my Liberty rights, human and disability rights with legal aid or conditional no win no fee solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
For what specific loss? I'm afraid no win no fee is not likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was verbally abused and they did not follow proper procedures and caused me to have stroke the Industrial injury disability benefits. Was told by NHS help line indigestion and side effects from meds and A E told me to go see GP who gave me appointment 3weeks later which I did not take. Out of desperation my friends and family told me to go see their gp abroad and was diagnosed there with having had stroke and rushed to hospital for scans and was stranded there till was safe to fly back. This is same people that involved with tribunal case I urgently need legal representation with. I can not call you as no money and £4000 in debt because of above IIDB people. Law society advised I should find good solicitors as have human rights and medical negligence and Liberty problems
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Is this question about a benefits tribunal or a medical negligence issue?They are two distinct questions and you will need to ask another question over one of them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is all related to each other and tribunal is the result I think and most urgent
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I can help with the tribunal issues.What is the nature of your claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How I need to be represented and apply for upper tribunal with no money
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.What I need to know is what is the nature of your claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to tribunal and judge plus medical person apologised for not having time to read evidence and was stopped from telling my side of evidence and was told it is a medical tribunal which was not mentioned in papers and only refers to there might be a medical assessment, I broke down due to high level of pain and feeling of hopelessness, at this stage I had taken so much medication I was unable to make sense of anything but was told to go for medical assessment at which there was a women sitting reading a book and eating her lunch and not being introduced was told by doctor to remove my trousers and other clothing which had never been asked before as have back injuries, just had a stroke and was very distressing. He then could not find any equipment, stethoscope or hammer but in statement of reason him and the women which I was not told at time was a nurse lied about having both and that she assisted when she just sat there reading her book and eating her lunch. I complained and was refused appeal which I had not asked for but was decided because of my complaint and refused appeal to upper tribunal plus because of my disability can not attend or even apply without help as have no money and limited travel distance