How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50198
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I applied to get a room i met the person gave her my 620

This answer was rated:

Hi i applied to get a room i met the person gave her my 620 pounds for the deposit after she showed me the room and she never got back to me i have her phone number and bank sort code and accounts number, i can describe what she looks like and have proof that i sent the money to her please help me with what i can do ! Ive got no money to live..
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you know where this person lives?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont unfortunately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And thanks for your time
In these circumstances you usually have a couple of options – deal with the matter yourself and through the small claims court r hope that the police help you with resolving it. Whilst this may be a potential case of fraud, the police do not always get involved and they could try and argue that this was a civil matter and should be resolved between you and the person. However, you have nothing to lose by at least trying to report this to them and asking for their assistance with the information you have. The bank will not help you – there is not much they can do to get your money back or tell you who the account holder is. To make a claim in court you need the person’s address so without that it may be rather difficult. As such the best option you have here is the police, or if needed – Action Fraud where you can report potential fraud: I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for helping me just to make sure though i met this person through spare so wouldnt that affect it being a civil case?
it does not matter where you met them, the key is what their intention was and if it was t defraud you then it can still be a criminal matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you ill leave a review enjoy your night !
You are welcome, all the best
Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you