How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7045
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

If a relative of an adult we care into the home and

This answer was rated:

If a relative of an adult we care for comes into the home and raises her voice and shakes her finger in the face of an employee in what the employee deems to be an aggressive manner, what can we legally do to stop it happening again?
1)can we temporarily ban the relative and if so what do we need to put in place,
2)as the adult we care for would be able to have contact by telephone or meet the relative at the door to the building would we need a deprivation of liberty order?
You can write to the adult and ban them for abusing the member of staff for a reasonable period. A letter will suffice. If you do not know the address of the relative you can hand them the letter next time they show up.Any person visiting the care home is there at the invitation of the owner of the premises and if the owner does not want them there then there is no right of entry or to remain. That person becomes a trespasser and if they try to enter an injunction can be sought.If they are causing a disturbance the police can be called. it is the same basis upon which a customer can be barred from a pub, the care home is private property and no one has the right to enter if the owner does not wish them to be there.I hope this helps.If there are any further points please respond and I will be happy to replyBest wishesMichael
Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you