How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need to fill in the form n244 but i am still confused about how to do it. The Huddersfi

This answer was rated:

I need to fill in the form n244 but i am still confused about how to do it.
The Huddersfield court is holding money from the sale of mine and my ex husband's house. We are wanting to make a claim for the monies to be released to us,could you please give step by step advise
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.Why is the money held by the Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house was repossessed and the money was held by a solicitor but we never knew this then we got a letter saying the court now held it. After speaking to the court they said we need to fill out form n244 to get the money released, but i need step by step help please to make sure it is filled out correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am i the claimant or the defendant ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there ?
I am here - just calling up the form to help you through itDo you still have the repossession paperwork?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think so but i do have a claim number B00HD162. I dont need any thing except step by step help to fill this form in everything else is already passed and sorted.
That is the heading that needs to go on the formYou are the Defendants
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we need to fill out two forms . one for me and one for my ex ?
The first question on the form says IN THE what needs to be written in this box, please ?
No you fill one for both of you.All the Heading Details should be the same as that on the repossession paperwork - same court etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question 3 asks What order are you asking the court to make and why? The fact sheet states that this needs to be worded correctly , what should i write ?
That the sums held in the Court are released to the Defendants
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , i think i have every thing i need .
You are welcome - just ask if you need more!
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you