How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We are a landlord to a flat directly above us. year

Customer Question

We are a landlord to a flat directly above us.
For 1 year we have rented the property to a minor on DSS who's mum is her gaurntoor.
We did an annual check on the property and she has completely trashed it, holes in walls, carpets destroyed, drawings on walls etc.
We have asked her to leave but the council are saying we cannot evict her becasue she is a minor !
She is continuing to be disruptive , e.g keeping us up at night with noise and she continues to smoke in the property even though we have written it in the contract that it is a non smoking premesis.
What is the best move for us to make. We just want her out of our flat.
Many thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Louise my make is Alex and I will help you.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex