How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I'm in desperate need of help and advise. I have already

Customer Question

Hi I'm in desperate need of help and advise. I have already spoken to a solicitor who have quoted me £1,500-£2,500 for the matter. Long story short I want my partner to adopt my son and for my son to take he's surname, he currently has he's biological fathers surname who has had no contact for 8 years. He is on the birth certificate so I no he's rights. I contacted he's father and he has agreed to sign and documents for what I have asked. Do I need to go though a soliciter (costing so much) or can I go about it myself. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What information do you need to know?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry - a whole chunk was missed then!How old is your son - and are you and your partner married(and no it will not cost what you have been quoted)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son is 8 years old he's father has never had contacted never payed any money.
Me and my partner are not married engaged to be, we are all living together. He's father has agreed to sigh anything and ideally I want parental responsibility taken from him and for my partner to be given it. But mainly I want my son to take my partners surname. As I said i have he's biological fathers consent.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a wedding date in mind (looking for cheapest options here)?