How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12083
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My son has been in the USA years, he went there to study.

Customer Question

My son has been in the USA for 7 years, he went there to study. He met a girl and married her two years ago. They would now like to move back to the UK but her application for a visa has been declined because she doesn't reach the financial requirements. Myself and my husband (separated) have funds in the UK and wondered if we could sponsor her to come to the UK, we are happy to financially support her when needed for 5 years and understand she will not be able to claim any benefits. Is this something we could do? How do we go about it?
Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. There are two options. Six months before they apply for HR partner visa, you can gift your son £18600 so that they have the minimum amount in the bank. Secondly your son could get a job with a salary of at least that amount visa. The detail is contained in the following paper: I hope that helps. Happy of discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.