How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner has left the UK with my 2 year old daughter saying

This answer was rated:

My partner has left the UK with my 2 year old daughter saying that she was going to her parents for a weeks holiday. She then rang me on the supposed day of her return informing me she was not returning to the UK? I have spoken to her and she has agreed a joint custody -2 -weeks sharing each.
Where do I stand legally? My daughter has a UK passport and I am named as the father on my daughters birthday certificate. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. Regards Colin
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assisg you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Which country are they in?-Have you contacted the police as this would be considered child abduction
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ireland (Eire)
No I haven't contacted the police?
Thank you - as she has removed the child without your consent from England this is considered child abduction. You can contact the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit and submit an application for free for them to assist. The application form is here: You will need to provide them photographs of your child and a copy of their birth certificatephotographs of the person who has taken the childa copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree if you have onecopies of any court orders concerning the childYou can scan and email the documents to them here:***@******.*** and if you have any queries you can contact them directly on 0203(###) ###-####f you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you