How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father re-married and, some years later, began to lapse

This answer was rated:

My father re-married and, some years later, began to lapse into dementia. His wife took control of his finances and he is now lodged in a nursing home that I feel does not cater sufficiently well for his needs. I'm concerned for his welfare, yet his wife contends that other nursing homes offering higher standards of care than his current abode are "too expensive". My father ran his own, small business for 40 years and I believe that, after selling his land and property, he should have sufficient funds available to ensure that cost should not be a factor in ensuring that his needs are well-met in surroundings that, at the very least, meet his accustomed standard of living.
Is there a reasonable and legal course of action I might take to ensure that my father receives the level of care that he truly deserves?
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDoes his Wife hold Power of Attorney?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, she does.
Then your only option is to report the matter to the Office of the Public GuardianThe details are here wish I could tell you that there are other options - but there are notPlease ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you