How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How do I stop my neighbours and their daughter from harassing

This answer was rated:

How do I stop my neighbours and their daughter from harassing us every time we do something to our garden. We have had new fencing erected to the back and left of our hous. They r claiming we have damaged their fence post and fence but neither was touched. The gardening firm we used were very reputable.they have been back to check all is in order and no damage was done to their fence or post. I have since received a letter from them stating that if we didn't take our fence down they would and that we would be liable for costs for all or any repairs to their fence and post. I am at my wits end
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether you have reported anything to the police?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We didn't contact the police our neighbours did that, but we did speak to them
Ok - you should do as this could be harassment. The Protection from Harassment Act states:(1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—(a)which amounts to harassment of another, and(b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.[F1(1A)A person must not pursue a course of conduct —(a)which involves harassment of two or more persons, and(b)which he knows or ought to know involves harassment of those persons, and(c)by which he intends to persuade any person (whether or not one of those mentioned above)—(i)not to do something that he is entitled or required to do, or(ii)to do something that he is not under any obligation to do.]You should report it to the Police who can investigate and warn the neighbours. If the neighbours continue to harass the Police can prosecute if necessary.Or you could take out a civil injunction to prevent harassment. You would need to complete forms N1: N16a: Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make an order stopping harassment. if the Court does and they breach it this could be contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you