How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I inherited part of a farm yard when my father died in july

This answer was rated:

I inherited part of a farm yard when my father died in july 2012. My mother who was estranged from my father forged his signiture and put his part of the settlement in joint names. I had a graphologists report done and it confirmed this to be the case. I demanded the land be returned to me to no avail.Last night a man contacted me demanding i vacate the land and building. He said he was the new owner. What are my rights and should i go to the police?
yours sincerely ***** *****
You should go to the police as this is a criminal offence: fraud. However you should also go to a solicitor so that a civil court action can be started to undo the transfer to the person who considers himself to be the new owner. You should do this as a matter of priority.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you