How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I am going through a divorce I need to know what I am

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce I need to know what I am entitled to we have two children, one of which is autistic and requires additional time and assistance.
The house has been provisionally sold but he and the estate agents will not confirm the exact sales figure agreed.
I would like to no if I'm entitled to anything other van the belongings in the house and the equity.
I have been advised that if the house sells the money will go into his account and I will find it difficult get the money.
I am so scared for the future of my children, and really need this cleared up.
he has money so can afford a solicitor but I am struggling at present to afford any time with a solicitor of my own as I only have my careers allowance and child support, if we go to court will I be liable for any costs incurred.
If some one could please advise me I would really appreciate it
Kind Regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Your first priority is to house the children, therefore a sale of the home was not necessary. Given the needs of the children a court can be persuaded that you and the children can remain in the property until a certain time (such as them finishing education).Given the uncertainty of what is going to happen to the proceeds of sale (if the sale proceeds to completion) you would need urgent advice to prevent him from receiving the full proceeds of sale as your needs are greater than his if you remain the main carer of the children.In family law proceedings, the costs are borne by each party themselves and courts usually only grant costs against the other party if there has been a delay caused in proceedings through their actions.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.