How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have recently set up a Limited company as I decided to go contracting and prov

This answer was rated:

I have recently set up a Limited company as I decided to go contracting and provide project management services. The company has been operating for one month.
Last week I received a letter from Lawyers of Intel informing me my company name is ***** ***** trademark.
I have taken actions to change my company name but removal of "Intel" in my company name.
However the lawyer that sent the letter regarding the trademark infringement requested I sign a pre drafted letter. I am not comfortable signing this letter as one of the points informs me about potential damages that may need to be paid to them.
I feel I have taken immediate action by changing my company name and as there were no marketing or advertising or external website created to market my company or services I feel that should be sufficient to close the matter.
Can you please advise what would be the next steps. If a letter informing them of the actions taken is sufficient to close the matter?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does the letter say? What was the Co name?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the point I am referring to in the drafted letter states "pay a sum to be agreed in respect of damages and your costs or in default of agreement to be assessed (at our cost) by a valuer nominated by the President of the Institute of chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex can you please clarify when you can give me a call to discuss this matter further?
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent my number via the private text box
Sadly it doesnt show. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
*********** I hope this conversation is not public..
Calling now. Alex