How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10226
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Father now deceased left house to four children, allowing lifelong

This answer was rated:

father now deceased left house to four children, allowing lifelong residency to two who already live there, one is disabled
the other is his carer, and left his belongings to the two who live in the house but not money. the other two siblings live elsewhere with their children. the two who live in the house therefore own all the items in the house. the other two siblings have keys to the house and one of them says they have the right to enter the house whenever they please, including when the occupiers are not present. as the house is filled with belongings of the occupiers is this true?
The property is owned by the four children and the four children have equal rights to enter the property as they wish. It happens that 2 of the children have been granted the right to live in the property for life which prevents its sale in the interim.Unfortunately, the two non-resident children are able to enter the house even when the occupiers are not present.There is a potential argument that it is a breach of the Human Rights right to privacy if they simply turn up without notice. However provided they give reasonable notice of at least 24 hours, there is probably nothing that can be done about it.Can I clarify anything for you?Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get credit.Best wishesFES
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you