How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was going abroad months, so I Contacted my Managing

Customer Question

I was going abroad for 6 months, so I Contacted my Managing Agent (TRUST) to give them my new address via an e mail. I was told by Ms Chawda that the change can only be accepted in a formal letter. I told her that TRUST until recently had managed one of my buy to let properties and all business matters were conducted by e mails. And all I wanted was to inform them of my new address. Furthermore no where in my Lease Agreement does it state that change of addresses should be formally written to the Management Company. In fact when the directors of the block needs to get hold of me it's by email.
I had forgotten about the change of address and subsequent to my return to London I contacted TRUST on April 24 about paying my half yearly service which was due in March. I was informed by Ms Chawda that she could not converse with me because my case has been referred to a Solicitor. And the Practice will now be dealing with my case.
The Solicitor indicated to me that she was informed by TRUST that I refused to give them my new address. In fact Ms Chawda had given me the impression that she did not have an e mail address for me which is difficult to comprehend given that I have been using the same e mail address for the seven years that I have been with TRUST.
Unknown to me and during the time that I was away in December some major work was carried out to the block. The first I knew about this charge for the work carried out was from my Solicitor. This is in addition to the quartly service charge plus the Solicitors fee of £212.00
I have since paid the outstanding debt but is wondering Management should refund the Solicitors fees given their reluctance and hostility to accepting my change of address
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to know and achieve please?Alex