How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In Dec 2015 a friend needed help, he was separated and spending

Customer Question

In Dec 2015 a friend needed help, he was separated and spending £1000s on solicitors fees trying to get access to his children, also bills mounting for his company debts. I lent him £3000 as a friend to help him until he received some money into his account. I know he received £15000 in March and £3000 in April. He went on holiday to Mexico in Feb and races his car at events, the last one this bank holiday. He avoids me . I have offered repayment terms over 20 weeks etc. Money paid to him via online transfers. Plenty of texts of him acknowledging debt and offering to repay. No money received.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Standard reply. I already know this and the several options to to take when court judgement is made and they still do not pay. What I was looking for was for a more in depth opinion re text evidence , bank online transfer evidence acceptance, defendant out of marital home, no claim on assets there then. What if he used money for Company liabilities etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I already knew this
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need advice on evidence? Sorry I didnt see this in the question you asked.What in particular?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I assume the money was paid to him personally and you have bank transfers showing this?