How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was arrested violence three weeks after a row

Customer Question

I was arrested for domestic violence three weeks after a row with my then wife I was never charged as there was no evidence of what I was accused of, witnesses contacted did not agree with her account of what occurred , the police dropped charges due to unsubstantiated evidence accusations. Obviously I was relieved but my reputation and mental health has been severely tarnished by what went on . My accuser was provided with legal aid and then tried to get an injunction against me in the county court when domestic violence charges were dropped she and her solicitor blatantly lied about not attending mediation prior to this showdown contradicting written documents. The injunction failed as I had not done anything to warrant such a drastic measure and had cooperated with police bail conditions during every aspect of the sorry situation . My reputation , health have been forever ruined by a tissue of lies false allegations etc. A year on from the case being dropped on every level can I make a claim or at least get an apology from the people who have ruined my life.? I have witnesses that she called who will sign a sworn affidavit that her account was a fiction to get disproportionate custody of our children and financial support for her . She swans around like a victim when the real victim is my kids me and the tax payer I know these situations are complicated but the situation is causing me anxiety and stress . Do I have any options , people tell me to man up and get on with my life surely my accuser should be made to woman up why should I have to to keep a stiff upper lip? The obvious answer is my kids well being as endless bickering will harm them but this is pushing me into an early grave how does that help them . This woman should be held to account and apologise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?Alex