How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50169
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have filed a Money Claim online against Wren Kitchens as

This answer was rated:

I have filed a Money Claim online against Wren Kitchens as my kitchen is faulty. I have attempted to rectify it with them over the last six months but they ignore me. They failed to file their directions questionnaire and were issued with a general sanctions order. The deadline for this passed yesterday. I am expecting to be able to request judgment shortly. My question is if I request judgement and they are ordered to refund the cost of my kitchen will they be able to come in and remove the kitchen?
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
Do you know the details of the claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you like me to send A copy of the claim that I made in the first instance? I am out at the moment but could do this when I get home
Thank you for your response. Yes if you could that would be very useful. I will then review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will be in touch later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the information I filed when I started my claim:
Particulars of Claim
I am claiming for a refund on the cost of my
kitchen so I can purchase a replacement. The
kitchen sold to me in October 2013 is not fit
for purpose and is faulty. I have written
confirmation from Wren Kitchens that this is
a faulty kitchen and that the 20 year
guarantee is valid.I have attempted to rectify the situation
with Wren but they refuse to answer my
emails. When I contact them they ask me to
send photographs and full details which I do
but then I never hear anything. I chase them
and the same thing happens again. They tell
me to send photos and an explanation. I have
sent the photos and explanation six times
starting July last year.My kitchen has a high gloss finish which is
like a really thick, hard cling film. This is
the faulty part. It blisters and peels off.
Some doors have been replaced three times and
yet it has started to blister and peel again.
With hindsight I made a few errors when filing my claim. I should have also claimed for removal of the kitchen, the fitting of a new kitchen etc. I was not expecting it to go this far, I thought they would in fact just finally replace the doors (and possibly the end panels) as this is the faulty bit. The carcasses are fine. The work top is fine but if I was to replace the kitchen this may have to be removed. My favoured outcome is that I can use the money to replace the doors etc but do not have to replace the whole kitchen. My worry is that after judgement they are free to take the kitchen back at any time.
Thank you. They cannot just come in and remove your kitchen. If you were issued with a judgment in your favour for a refund, the court could at the same time order that you allow them to remove the faulty kitchen – after all not the whole kitchen will be faulty so you will be left better off if you get a full refund AND retain the kitchen. However, for this to happen the court must order it – they can’t just turn up and remove the kitchen, especially as they cannot enter the premises without your consent. What could happen is that judgment for a refund is given in your favour but they then try and make a separate claim for the kitchen or its value, so if possible it is best to try and deal with this issue in the current claim and have it recorded in that judgment rather than face the uncertainty of having to potentially deal with this issue again in the future. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you