How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My parking ticket was issued on 25.04.16. number ED15935826

Customer Question

Hello, My parking ticket was issued on 25.04.16. number ED15935826 for 'reasonable cause to believe that the following parking contravention had occurred' 11P parked without payment '. Location:Lauriston Street, Edinburgh.The payment was made at the location and payment station by telephone call at 0915 hrs for 3 hours. The Automated phone response acknowledged payment and the charge commenced immediately. I have tried to contact the phone number but have not been able to conclude. I am now attempting to contact by internet but unsuccessful. Should I contact the department by letter?. regards, ***** *****halgh.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will he,p you.Who was your ticket issued by? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but further payment for a penalty issued in Edinburgh is not an option. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
By the Council or private firm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have evidence that you paid, ie came from your phone or account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have a bank statement showing payment and time which I have offered to the council if required. Regards, Robert.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then you should appeal the decision for the parking fine. Appeal the decision and also send in the evidence such as the bank account. The Council will consider this and tell you if they uphold the ticket. If they do then you can formally appeal to an Adjudicator.But given what you have said the ticket should be cancelled when you send the evidence.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: