75100385

I am part of a team that run an online forum model of

I am part of a team that run an online forum for a model of car. We want to allow people to post free adverts.
Are we legally involved in any of the sales activity? I.e. If one of the adverts is a scam are we responsible? Do we need to run checks on advertisers other than an email address check, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The adverts are just adverts from members that have a car for sale or parts for sale. They are registered members and we check the email address that they provide when registering.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When someone joins do they have to register first?Does your site have nay form of disclaimers?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they have to register and we send an email to their registered email address with a link to confirm that their email address is genuine.
We do have disclaimers but I think we would need to ensure that they cover the adverts that they post.
Thanks for the response.
Ok. Then you just need to make it clear that the user is responsible for the post and its content when they register.Further you should have a disclaimer on the forum saying that no liability will be accepted whatever for content or its accuracy and that a user should satisfy themselves before commencing a transaction.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex