How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Last year I secured a default judgement against someone who

This answer was rated:

Last year I secured a default judgement against someone who owed me a small amount of money and didn't pay. I then received correspondence from the local court that the bailiff had attended the address I gave but was unable to execute the warrant, but will keep trying on another specified date. Since this time the debtor contacted me to inform me they have moved away and no longer live at the address on the warrant (They were only aware of the warrant as they went back to the property to collect old post).
We have since come to an amicable understanding regarding the debt and I agreed that I would no longer pursue the amount and instruct the court to stop the bailiff visits as it would be unfair on the new owner of the property to be regularly inconvenienced. I sent a letter to the Court Manager informing them of this and that I no longer wish to pursue the debt and consider it now settled in full. This was on 19th March 2016.
I have now received another court letter informing me the bailiffs visited the property again just a few days ago and will continue to attempt to execute the warrant despite my letter dated above. I have now drafted another letter to the Court Manager advising my disappointment that my request has not been adhered to and to stop all further bailiff visits to the address in question.
What can I do to stop more bailiff visits as they have clearly ignored my initial letter?
I cancelled my claim ages ago on 'Moneyclaims' website as well.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Has the Court acknowledged your letter please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I asked them to update their records accordingly but have not had a response, written or verbal

Ok - I would send another letter to the Court. You need to say that the matter has now been settled and all enforcement action stopped.Make sure you do this in writing, it is up to you to do this. The Court must have a paper record.The Court can take up to 2 weeks or so to update their records.That will halt it. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - that's all I need to know.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: