How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If England votes to leave the EU, will it affect application

This answer was rated:

If England votes to leave the EU, will it affect application of European Law in England?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For example, will enforcement of past cases still be possible? And will it be possible to still use EU law?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes thanks. If England leaves the EU, wondering if an English court judgement money order will still be enforceable in another EU country.
Well at the moment yes. But that would depend on what comes out of the EU negotiations. At the moment you can get a European Enforcement order which may or may not be the case after.But dont forget you still have The Brussels Regulation, The Administration of Justice Act 1920 & the Foreign Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Act 1933 and Lugano ConventionCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks you Alex, that is really helpful
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if possible, do you know whether any of these acts would apply when the judgement relates to broken contract (not consumer).
Yes it would. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thyank you! Do you know which one would apply?
Depends on which country the debt is in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't understand. Is the debt the country where the contract was broken and judgement given (England?), or the place the debtor lives (various countries)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
an EEO would probably be for germany though as one last known address
Where Judgment is given. Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** write a new question then re which Act for an English Judgement if England goes out EU
Sure. Thanks