How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a disabled pensioner my husband passed away in July last

This answer was rated:

I am a disabled pensioner my husband passed away in July last year he left me a little money so I decided to go to Spec Savers to see about their hearing aids I had the test and they gave me which I paid nearly £1700 for I have only had them since August and one of them has already broke in half and the other one is just about working they never asked me what type I would like which they should have done I asked if I could have them changed for the ones I wanted and said he was not sure if they could do that I have only had them since August last year and I think I am being treated very unfairly can you help at all thank you Mrs Carol Christie
Hello Carol my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Are they offering to repair or replace them please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to wait until my appointment at the end of May but I think they might only repair them I told them I did not want the ones that they did for I wanted the in - ear ones and he said they don't know if they can do that which I think is very unfair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want these ones they are causing me a lot of stress
So have they sold you ones which dont work or fit, or is it that they just broke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I went for the fitting they didn't ask me what type I was thinking about which they should have done it was the policy do do that
Ok - so did they sell you the wrong ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I was hoping to choose the ones I wanted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't believe they are making me wait all this time to see them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am rather desperate for these hearing aids to be sorted as my hearing is not very good with out them
They appear to be in breach of the Sale of Goods Act in that they aids are not as described, of suitable quality or as described. Further under the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.If you are on pension you may be entitled to fee remission so if so, I wouldnt issue online.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for all your help it has maid me feel a little better
If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you