How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am the defendant in a mortgage possession case that has been

Customer Question

I am the defendant in a mortgage possession case that has been going on for some 7 years.
CLA says says we can not get legal aid as there is too much equity, even though income is only sufficient to pay the mortgage,
Lender made a mess of mortgage in 2009 and claims there are arrears. If we paid legal fees we could not pay mortgage.
At last we are proceeding to a full hearing. A have an order for standard disclosure by the tenth
I find on latest research that I misunderstood this. I thought it was to get the documents we want from claimant. I find it is disclosure of what documents we have.
Claimant sated they have no documents from us in 2009, even though I have given copies of our letters and theirs in reply.
What I want is copies of what they do have to show either they have not told the truth or have lost all communications.
The question is how do I request these and fill in N265
Thank you Paul Walley
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Do you think they have documents which they are not disclosing please?Alex