How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34892
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I need advice about being able to get access to see

Customer Question

Hi ,
I need advice about being able to get access to see my kids. I haven't seen my kids for 6 months, and my ex girlfriend is refusing point blank for me to see them. I sent some parcels the other day for the kids, clothes and bits, I spent about £700 on them, but why I was in work she returned them to my Mum's house please can you help i miss my kids so much.
Many thanks
Paul Connor ***********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstHow old are the chidlren and on what basis is she refusing contact?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The children are Daniel is 5, and Hayden is 6. I am not Daniel's biological dad but I was there from birth. I am Hayden's biological dad. I don't treat them any differently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean Daniel is 6 in June. Sorry Hayden is 5 in September
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is basically point blank refusing me access to see them or do anything with them. I text to she can be amicable over the kids and she just wont
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the Courts will enforce this of necessaryThe starting point is to try and discuss matters with your ex using FamilY yourself must attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting even if your ex disagrees as you need to have done one before you make an applictaion to the court.If mediation fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time that you spend with BOTH children.You will need the courts permission to make the applictaion in respect of the elder child - but do not worry it will be granted - and you will also be granted contact.You can find out more on this website hope that this helps - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,I have put my postcode in and found a local mediation person, so I will try this root first.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Excellent - I hope it goes well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,I have an appointment with mediation next Friday 20 May (15.30) I will let you know how it goes.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Good luck