12826847

I got caught doing 50mph in a 30mph, I'm pleading guilty by

I got caught doing 50mph in a 30mph, I'm pleading guilty by post and providing a letter of mitigation written by a solicitor, I have previous been banned for totting up. What is the likely outcome ?
What are the dates of your points hitherto?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean?
Not sure how to express it differently. What are the dates of your convictions?Or, more specifically, when were you banned and when did that end?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no points on my licence just now
So when did your ban end?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My bad ended in December 2015
You wouldn’t get a greater sentence for having previous matters per se. The only issue here is that if this is a 50mph in a 30mph zone then that is the very highest point of the middle sentencing bracket and the fact of a previous ban might just knock it from 4-6 points to a short ban of between 7 - 28 days. There will also be a fine. However, you might be lucky and just get points again. Since you were banned your points would have been wiped so there is no risk of a ban for totting. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks, I've got made unemployed in November due the the oil crisis. I've just got a new job and start on this Monday with BT which I need my licence for. This is all in the letter of mitigation, do you think this will help me?
Not strictly but it might affect them emotionally. it is probably worth raising it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, one last thing. It's is at a justice of the peace court does that help me in anyway since it's the lowest form of court ?
Not really. The sentencing guidelines are the same anywhere.It will only be a fine and either points or a ban.