How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I'm married , Have been over a year. I have a 2 year

This answer was rated:

I'm married , Have been for just over a year. I have a 2 year old boy with my wife. I have a morgage in my name only for the last 10 years or so. I pay all the bills , food etc(£ 1500 a month).The only bill my wife pays is child care ( £320 a month)
What would she be intitled to if we split?
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstHow long have you lived together in total and who has the day to day care of the child.How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?What other assets are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have lived together 3 years. He is in child care 3 days a week . My wife looks after him 2 days a week when she is off work .And we both care for him on weekends.
Owed on morgage 108000 worth 145000
I'm self employed 30000 a year
She employed 9000
She has a pension I don't. She pay £80 a month and has been for 12 years or so.
There are no other assests
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , are you still there?
My apologies for the delayHow much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anywhere between 120000 to 150000No I didn't .Thanks for letting me know
carry on in writing then?
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm happy to call you if it will speed things up ?
Sorry the news was not better - do not forget to ask if you need more informtaion - it is all covered by the payment you have already made
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
Scott from yesterday here.
Was just wondering , if Debbie couldn't afford to pay the mortgage .What would happen then because I wouldn't have to pay the morgage if I'm not living would I ?
YOu will have to pay child and possibly spouse maintenance - but if that is not enough to allow her to pay the mortgage and bills then the house will have to be sold!