How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Thanks reply . What would happen if my partner

This answer was rated:

Thanks for your reply . What would happen if my partner refuses to proceed with the house sale ?
If your partner refuses to sell the property then you will need to apply to court to force the sale - this is done under Section 14 of TOLATA (Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996). You will firstly need to write to your partner under a "pre-action letter" outlining your intention to sell the home, and if no agreement is received that you will proceed to court within a reasonable time. If there is no agreement a Claim has to be submitted to your local county court under Form N1 and a £355 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you