How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlord Under

This answer was rated:

i am a lodger renting a room with a live in landlord
Under the termination section of my contract the following is stated:
The licence to occupy, granted by this agreement, shall end on the earliest of :
(a) 01.08.2016
(b) the expiry of not less that 7 days' notice given by the Licensor to the licencee if the licence breaches any othe the terms given in clause 3; and
(c) the expiry of not less than 4 weeks' notice given by either party to the other.
I dont understand does this mean i have to give atleast 4 weeks notice and leave on 01.08.2016
or does this mean if i give notice to the landlord tommorow i am able to leave 4 weeks after this - approx 09.06.2016
I would really appreciate your help with this as i am really confused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. What this means is that you either have to leave on 01.08.16 or give 4 weeks notice if you want leave earlier.
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if i gave my notice today. I can leave in 4 weeks time ?