How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71043
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a problem with a neighbour who is harassing me and making up lies about me and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with a neighbour who is harassing me and making up lies about me and last night I was visited by the police at 11.10 to say this guy has made an allegation of assault against me. They wouldn't tell me what, where or anything about it, but asked me to attend a taped interview on Thursday at the police station. They have told me I can have someone with me, is it best to get my own solicitor or use the duty one provided or just take a friend with me. Its a pack of lies but I have no witnesses.
regards ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an existing relationship with a solicitor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to ignore him hoping he will go away but he is just getting worse, now I have to defend myself to the police when it's all a fantasy in this blokes head
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I lost my internet connection. You do need a solicitor. The duty solicitor is perfectly acceptable. All criminal solicitors are on the duty rota save for limited exceptions. The only reason that you may want to arrange one to attend with you is that you will be surrendering voluntarily. If you attend with a solicitor then you will not have to wait for duty to arrive. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo