How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10736
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Lister Croft holds my mother's house deeds and also arranged

This answer was rated:

Lister Croft holds my mother's house deeds and also arranged her will and my enduring power of attorney for her estate. She is still in good health but at 94 is becoming forgetful - I would thertefore like to implement the power of attorney: what is the procedure? Her name is***** of***** Leeds LS131AT - Thank You
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.Well, provided the Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) does not have a restriction in it, saying that it should only become valid should your Mother lose mental capacity, it is literally just a case of you obtaining the original EPA from Lister Croft and registering it with whichever Banks/Institutions you need to.To enable you to get the EPA from Lister Croft, you will nee to phone them and make an appointment to collect the EPA, taking suitable id with you. The Banks/Institutions will sometimes want to see the original EPA, but normally a copy, certified by a Solicitor, will be sufficient for their purposes. The Solicitor is entitled to charge you for supplying these certified copies, so it would be best to let them know how many certified copies you require, before attending their office.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Please let me know if you require any further clarification, but if you are happy with my answer, I wold be grateful if you could rate my answer.Kind RegardsAl
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you