How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Alex so the supplier we were discussing agreed a refund,

This answer was rated:

Hi Alex so the supplier we were discussing agreed a refund, he gave me a tiny bit but he still owes me the rest. I want this wrapped up now. He emailed me and said he was away and could he do it in a couple of weeks, I said yes but no later than May 13. I would like to send an email tomorrow by 1700 UK that leaves him in no doubt he needs to sort this out asap. I don't especially want to go the legal route but I will do if this continues so I would like some form of words that legally cover me and steps things up a gear to prompt him to pay. Just because he is away doesn't mean he can't cough up. I also wanted to write an anonmyous report on rip off report. I don't usually do that but I feel like as as I am pretty annoyed and dont want others to experience the same. There are nine other rip off reports on the site with the same issues - non delivery, and late in refunding and this seems to prompt him. Does this jeopordise any further action if I post something? I don't want others to experience what I have. Thanks, Sarah

Hello and thanks for asking for me.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex this sickest for now good to know my position hopefully it won't come to that but it needs conclusion. Rgds , Sarah

Indeed. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you