How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Question just occurred to me - if my

This answer was rated:

Hi ClareA follow up question just occurred to me - if my Mother really needed to go into care, could Social Services 'force' her to sell 'her half' of the property, even though she signed a deed of gift to me in 2010?Regards
Yes the Local Authority can attempt to force a Sale since you are not living in the property
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you