How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I bought a house in 1994 with my doughters deposit money under

Customer Question

i bought a house in 1994 with my doughters deposit money under my name and my wifes. she has been paying the mortgage throgh my bank can i transfer the house to her name .please can you help
many thanks
mehmet ibrahim
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mehmet,Thanks for your enquiry.The first thing you will need to do is to approach the Mortgage Company, and seek their consent to the Transfer, as the Mortgage will also need to be transferred into your Daughter's name. Provided they are happy with this, you will then need to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor to act for you in preparing the necessary Land Registry Transfer document, transferring the legal ownership of the property to your Daughter. Unless the Solicitor has acted for you before, he will ask that your Daughter uses a different Solicitor. Once the Transfer has been signed by all of you and your Daughter has signed the new Mortgage Deed, the transfer can be completed.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Please let me know if you require any further clarification.Kind RegardsAl
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mehmet,Can I be of any more assistance to you?Kind RegardsAl