How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a small claims court action which may be defended and

This answer was rated:

I have a small claims court action which may be defended and transferred to a local court 230 miles away.
I know from experience that losing a days pay and travelling will not be fully refunded by the court if I win.
How can I find a local legal representative to act for me (Probably Carmarthen Wales ) and assess how much this would cost ?
Is a solicitor over qualified for this role ?thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help,you.What is the value of the claim please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex I am claiming in total 1158 plus interest in monies fraudulently obtained contrary to child support agreement
Her counterclaim states that it is a lesser amount of £700 (which I may be prepared to accept) but has ignored this and counterclaimed for £ 4700 plus interest from the previous 18th month period when our informal agreement of over 20 years broke down, she has used the later CSA assessment from 16th Jan 2014 (which unfairly excluded my payments to my 18 year old daughter in Canada as being voluntary and therefore not recognised) as evidence that I should be paying more in the past. I have successfully supported all of my 6 children but she has not mentioned that I have any other children apart from our three. It appears to be a defence based on character assassination.
You can claim loss of earnings up to £90 and travel at 45p a mile if you win.Or you can get someone to represent you but this may cost around £300 or so. This costs can't be recovered.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you