How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I am an artist and Tattooist- I would like to insure my hands-

This answer was rated:

I am an artist and Tattooist- I would like to insure my hands- can you advise? Many thanks, ***** *****
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What is the risk you wish to cover?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi- I am an artist and tattooist and would like to insure my hands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am concerned that the tattoo machines I use will eventually result in damage to my nr=erve endings, causing 'white finger disease' (loss of feeling)
ok i understand. Have you taken any steps now to look for insurance cover? Are you self employed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not taken any steps- I am not sure which companies to approach and yes I am self employed.
The first step you can take is to contact the Association of British Insurance Brokers. is an independent organisation who can advise you which companies provide the kind of insurance you are looking for. If you work on other peoples premises or are involved with Tatooing you need to have public liabiltiy insurance cover as well as cover to damage to yourself otherwise you might find yourself with a claim if someone suffers an injury due to your work. If you have any further questions please do ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have full insurance cover, am fully licenced and run a training school as well. I suppose it would make sense to see what my own insurance covers me for- I assumed it was just to protect the people I tattoo!
It might be that you are already covered under your existing insurance policy. The insurer should be able to tell you. This is likely to be the case if an accident causes damage as opposed to normal wear and tear. If you do not have adequate cover for your needs then the association of insurance brokers is the best option to get the cover you require.
Hello Sheila is there anything further you would like to know?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you- I will ring my insurance company and find out. I feel like a bit of an idiot not checking that before but I am pretty sure I am not covered for wear and tear on myself. I will then go onto the company you recommend if necessary, thank you.
no problem, all the best with it. I would be very grateful if you would kindly rate my answer before leaving the site as I am not otherwise credited for the time I have spent working on your question. Thank you.
Jenny and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you