How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My question is :if I'm not the owner of the property

This answer was rated:

Hello my question is :if I'm not the owner of the property and I would like to rent out some rooms to friends just to split costs and rent ( and owner of the property aggre to do so) what documents I need to provide to cancil plus does this make any changes for the landlord if he got " private rental property licence" -750£ one how this will affect landlord thank you for an answer best regards K
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further details firstHave you checked your Tenancy Agreement - are you allowed to do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Landlord is ok with that
Are you going to remain the person responsible for all the rent Will your friends simply pay you to stay there - or do you wish them to have the same rights as you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have no contract with them pay cash and that's it . I will be responsible for the house and I will deal with the owner. But this will need to be done according to the law and according to cancil so the owner won't have any trouble
How many bedrooms does the property have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 but does it matter can u please answer me the question I've asked you three days ago . On your website said I will get answer with in one day and I still didn't get it I'm starting to believe it was money wasting
Then it will be safer if your take the other two people on as Lodgers.This means that you remain in full control of the house and who lives there.There is also no risk of the House being identified as being a "House in Multiple Occupation" which would cause serious problems for your Landlord.You can read about having lodgers here here you can find a lodging agreement here ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you