How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have been received a notice of proceedings on the 11th May

Customer Question

I have been received a notice of proceedings on the 11th May the hearing is on the 16th May I have no means to pay for legal representation due to having to leave my job in order to go to a safe place ,I have meeting with my benefits office on Friday to sort my finances out ,can I apply for legal aid ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. What are the proceedings about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Application for court order to stop children being taken out of the country and rights to a access by the father
the mother is in a safe place and will remain there until a crown court hearing in July where a case of severe abuse against the mother and abuse of the children
can he really get access before this case has been heard
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - who is the applicant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The father
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I will assume thst you are the mother?In the circumstances you would be eligible for legal aid if:-You have evidence from police, social services or your GP regarding the father's risk to you or the children, which is likely due to the criminal proceedings-Your financial eligibility - an assessment of your income and assets will need to be undertaken-Whether there are merits to your caseIn the circumstances I woud suggest you urgently contact a local solicitor who can provide legal aid - you will still be able to be represented at the hearing if you have all the above documentation ready for the solicitor. You can find local Solicitors here: and choose category Family - legal aidI hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.