How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Over 10 years ago I had sex with a girl we were in a

Customer Question

Over 10 years ago I had sex with a girl we were in a realationship previously. We split up and I carried on sleeping with her now and again. One evening we had sex and police came I had a few drinks. I was arrested for rape I gave a statement I was on bail for about 2 months then released without charge. I don't think she made a statement. But there was semen because we had sex. Recently around 2 months ago she started contacting liking my photos on Facebook etc I did call police. I feel she as this over me and going to try getting me in trouble. Police didn't give me any answers to why I was released from my bail can she use this against me ? Could I still be charged? And what can I do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has anyone even look at this question ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is there any reason you think this may happen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We split up on bad terms she wanted us to get back together but I never wanted to send she as seen I have moved on and have a family
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And she as treaten to do it useless I talk to her
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The arrest was ten years ago?But you were never formally NFAed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was more nearer 15 years and I was released without charge
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Then it can't be revived. If you were formally NFAed then it is game over.They won't revive it now anyway just because she has decided to take revenge. I wouldn't worry about this.Although I would have nothing to do with a person who makes false allegations of rape. Do bear in mind that she can always make a fresh one if she was prepared to lie once.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo