How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am Wanting to dismiss a S.O.P.O But I am not sure if

This answer was rated:

Hello I am Wanting to dismiss a S.O.P.O But I am not sure if its a matter i need to submit to the crown court or the court of Appeal and what form would I submit.
I presume this was imposed by the Crown Court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was I, Was sentenced for a Sexual offence against a child back in 2006 and recieved a 30 Month Custody Sentence along with Indefinate "registration" requirement and and Indefinate SOPO I have today read that Under the ROA act 1974 Ammended 2014 My Original conviction as become spent.
Is this an indefinite SOPO?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is yes
To remove a SOPO you have to apply back to the issuing Court which would be the Crown Court. If that application is refused then you would have the normal routes of appeal. The Crown are entitled to notice though. You should be aware that you have to show a change of circumstances which is hard to do with sexual offences by definition as the Crown will say there is a predilection. Although, in truth, quite a lot of convictions for sexual offences don't justify any order at all. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that finally can you tell me what form i would need to submit to the court
They don't usually use specific forms at the Crown Court.You just send in written notification of your intentions and I would probably include a skeleton argument.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help
No problem. All the best.