How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am due to be evicted soon but when my landlord filed

Customer Question

Hi, I am due to be evicted soon but when my landlord filed his case with the court he misspelled my name. Does this mean the eviction cannot take place and does this mean I can continue to stay in my property until the landlord files everything again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Sadly not. The Court can simply amend the name.If the Court orders possession then you can be evicted.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What other things can I look out for in order to avoid eviction. Are there any options for me to avoid eviction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is the basis of the Court order?