How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71040
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner is currently serving a prison sentence in

This answer was rated:

hello my partner is currently serving a prison sentence in the uk, since he has been admitted his health is slowly deteriorating and he isn't getting the full medical care he would receive on the outside. blood tests are either delayed or not done when they should be, his medication is always having issue when he receives it an the prison has already had so many deaths this year and last which is proving they cannot cope. where do i stand on this. it is becoming a considerable concern i may lose him while hes serving his sentence. He went in with complex medical conditions and now his kidneys are at risk of kidney disease and they were find when he went in, he has diabetes, diabetic rentiopathy both of which he is finding very difficult to manage in the prison. Any advice would be most appreciated.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering where I stand, is there anyway I can apply for him to be realeased even if it's under curfew or tagged and house bound at my house , they have proven in the last 12 months he's been there that they cannot provide him with his medical requirements and he is only degrading in health. He is suffering in prison.
What was the substantive offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well four counts of sexual activity with a child and four counts of breaking a court order shpo. He met a lad of a gay dating site for 18s and over , the lad lied about his age and when the mother found out she called the police.
Thanks. He can make an application for release under home detention curfew but it is not likely to be granted. These are serious offences I'm afraid and there is a public protection issue. I know that a lot of sexual offences are a load of nonsense but there is clearly a risk. You can always complain to the prison authorities about the absence of medical care as they have a duty to look after him to at least a reasonable standard. I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jo , yeah apparently he will be classed as high risk when he is released. It's because he broke his shpo, he recieved that after sending texts that could of been interperatid as obscene, his solicitor did admit though on that previous case he was poorly represented but I suppose in the laws eyes he broke his court order. It's just hard to understand as he didn't intenually go looking for his victim , he was on a over 18 dating sight. Is there nothing I can do other then speak to the prison authorities , ?
Not really.I suppose that in the end there would be legal challenges if they are actually being negligent but you need to start off complaining to the prison authorities.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** most helpfullRegardsAdam
No problem. Please remember to rate my answer.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you