How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71142
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good afternoon . I would like to know if I may receive a legal

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon .
I would like to know if I may receive a legal advice on the criminal side regarding a recent situation I have been through ?
Thank you.
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon.
Last week an allegation has been made by one of my colleagues at work. I am working in a nursing home, as a permanent employer over 8 months now. I was temporarily suspended from my work and at that time the manager informed me that the police will be in touched with me about a statement that I have to present. After a week from the incident, that meaning on the 10th of May, I was arrested for putting a vulnerable adult at risk and hurting him. And after that I was released on pre-charge conditional bail. The colleague who made the allegation was in probation period, working there for about 10 weeks, and she had presented her resignation before all this happened. Now I have to go back to the police station on 8th of June. On 10th May I had an interview with the officer, the statement was recorded and I consider that I didn't had to ask for a duty solicitor.They said that they need to do further investigation. So basically is my statement versus her statement. I would just want to know what can happened in this situation. What should I expect ?Thank you .
Best Regards
What is the allegation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The allegation regards ***** ***** in the workplace and in particular it reffers to the fact that I have allegedly placed a vulnerable adult at risk of harm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may add the fact that this thing never happened. I was trying to changed him and he become aggresive, he punch me and the only thing I did was to remove his hand out of my shoulder.. But I don.t understand why the police arrested me after a week from the incident and how can I proof the fact that I am not quilty.I really do not know what to expect. Can you tell me please what are the posssible outcomes in this type of situation ?
Thank you.
Ok. But what are you said to have done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My colleague said that when we attending the resident, he was restless and he become agressive , she recognised that he punched me, but she said that I punched him back, which is not true. I took a step back and I removed his hand out of my shoulder. I may add the fact that there are no witnesses who can confirm what happened and there are no proofs. But I would like to know what should I expect in this situation on the criminal side.
Thank you.
Does the resident confirm this?Or is he not able?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The resident can not confirm nor deny anything because he is not able to.
It depends whether it is reported really. Generally speaking carehomes do make reports to protect themselves. If it is reported and your colleague is remotely credible then you probably will be charged. They are not going to take risks in situations like this.
Whether you would be convicted or not is another matter. That really comes down to how credible she is and how credible you are.At least the resident cannot add support to the Crown.
the actual sentence would not be huge as this sounds like a common assault.The issue though is loss of employment from your point of view.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regarding my next employment, I will have to wait because, for the moment, I do not know how all this is going to end. And about the credibility, the both of us are foreign, so, I can not tell which one of us is more credible. Maybe our employment history is gonna be considered, regarding the fact that I was working for this company for more then 8 months, and she was in there for about 10 weeks.But do you advise me to accept the services of a duty solicitor in a situation like this?
Thank you.
Yes, absolutely do not be interviewed without a solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Considering the situation do I still have the right to request the services of a duty solicitor or I will have to find a private one? And should I make this request when I will be presenting myself to the Police Station or I can make the request before the established date?
Thank you .
Yes, you will be offered the duty solicitor.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All right. I hope that all this situation will end well. Thank you very much for your support and your time. You we're very helpful.
I wish you all the best.
Kind Regards
No problem. All the best.