How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I I want to know what i have to do ,my wife an i want to

This answer was rated:

I want to know what i have to do ,my wife an i want to sell our house which is in joint names. my wife as alzheimers and unable to sigh the papers. we have left it to late to get the power of attoney
Hi, thank you for your question. Has your wife been assessed to have lost her mental capacity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - in that case, you will need to apply to the Court of Protection in order to sell the property. You can find the process, forms, costs and address to send the application to here: hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you