How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have send angry rants via email to a person who has been

Customer Question

I have send angry rants via email to a person who has been interfering in my personal and business life (they have been pursuing a relationship with me, were unsuccessful and hence tried to exercise control over me).
They presented the emails to the police which had me arrested for stalking (this individual never replied except to tell me to stop emailing them). I send over 20 emails and did not stop when I was told to.I have had my personal property seized e.i notebooks, imac, iphone.What can I do to defend myself again the charge?
From the emails the interaction look very one sided and the only way I could defend my side of the story is to get mutual acquaintances to testify.
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi. What would you defence to this be? You seem to accept the offence?