How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a slight issue with the property I recently moved

Customer Question

Hello, I have a slight issue with the property I recently moved into.
We have an issue with water pressure in one of the bathrooms and the landlord and letting agent have said it is not a problem they will resolve, they have said we can move out if we wish.
My issue is that we were not told about the issue before we moved and feel that the property has been mis-sold, there is evidence of this issue being raised by a previous tenant.
Do you think I have a basis for a complaint?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To clarify the property is a 3 bed 2 bathroom residence and when the sower is being used in the attic nothing else can be used including the appliances. We have a baby daughter and this is quite an inconvenience. I would not have considered legal advice but for the responses from the letting agent which have been completely unacceptable.
I feel that there is no protection for the tenant and we went to considerable expense to move to this property committing to a long term fixed tenancy.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, this is not one of the obligations that the landlord has to inform you about and it is something that agents and landlords would expect you to have inspected on viewing the property. The landlord is only responsible for keeping the equipment, such as sinks, baths, toilets and piping, for supplying the water in safe working order. You may wish to consider contacting the water company who can investigate the water pressure.I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.