How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71057
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Criminal law question. My ex wife is due to stand trial shortly

Customer Question

criminal law question. My ex wife is due to stand trial shortly and will probably be convicted. She had my name at the time the offence was committed but abandoned it at seperation , reverting to her maiden name. she was charged under my name. this is a deliberate attempt to frustrate criminal record checks. I would like to make an application so that her trial occurs under her maiden name. I am the victim in one matter. Crown court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid there is no capacity to do that. It is as simple as that. Complainants cannot make that application.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
She will be tried under whichever name is ***** ***** she was charged in her married name then probably she would be tried under that name.If she subsequently uses her maiden name then it will still be upon her PNC as an alias so it will not prevent any conviction from being visible.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you?Jo